[GRASS-user] V.in.ogr error processing shape file from GEOBASE. Any other experieinces?

Sampson, David dsampson at NRCan.gc.ca
Thu Aug 10 13:55:21 EDT 2006

Hey Folks.

I was wondering someone else can test out this dataset and let me know
if they can make it import...

Data source: http://www.geobase.ca/geobase/en/data/nrnc1.html
Province: Ontario
Archive: NRNC1_ON_SHAPE_en
File: ROADSEG

A free account is required to download the dataset.

System:
------------
Linux (Gentoo)
Grass 6.0.2 and 6.1

Problem:
-------------
When importing regularly with attribute tables the process halts part
way through. Not all the vectors are imported. There are lots of holes
left in the dataset. The error was refering to incorrect format of a
column....

Current Solution:
Importing vector shape without attribute table. All the vecotrs import
without holes. However, of course I'd like to have the attribute tables

Next attempt to work around
Never tried anything like this before but I'll try to just move the DBF
file over to the DBF directory and try to connect to it manualy. I'm
sure there will be a disconect somehow. If you have experience with this
approach then let me know.

Thanks