[GRASS-user] integration of sample.c algorithms into r.resample

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Thu Aug 17 13:41:04 EDT 2006

I've been following this thread and am looking forward to using the new
module.

Here's my suggestion on the names.

The new module should inherit the name of r.resample because that is what it
does. Indeed it uses interpolation methods to accomplish this resampling,
but r.interpolate (to me) suggests something that creates a raster surface
from a set of points.

The old module could be renamed to indicate that it resamples using the same
algorithm used in the on-the-fly resampling of g.region in the display. Here
are several suggestions.

r.resample.region
r.dresample
r.gresample
r.region.resample
r.gregion.resample

I suspect that this older module will eventually become unused if the new
module works well. But Glynn makes a good point why we should keep it around
for now.

Michael
Arizona State University

phone: 480-965-6213