[GRASS-user] grass promotion

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Tue Aug 22 04:12:05 EDT 2006

On Tue, Aug 22, 2006 at 09:45:08AM +0200, Martin Wegmann wrote:
> Hello Jachym,
>
> a couple of months ago I played around with an internet shop (spreadshirt,
> cafepress) for GRASS promotion, however due to the uncertain foundation
> structure in this times (what to do with money) I did not set the shop up
> properly and abandoned it (perhaps it still works, I have to try).

Hi Martin,

the easiest thing could be to assign the money to the German GRASS Association
(GAV - Anwender-Vereinigung e.V., http://www.grass-verein.de/) which
is a registered, tax-exempt charity to support GRASS users.

> I would highly appreciate a GRASS promotion shop and perhaps it would be a
> good idea to join the cafepress/OSGeo discussion on the VisCom ML.

OSGeo is also going cafepress now:
 http://www.cafepress.com/OSGeo

> Nevertheless it has to be clarified who is in charge of the money (I saw a
> few mails about committee election or so but did not go deeper into it, if
> these persons are eligible to handle the money, we could go forward.)

For the time being it could be GAV Germany or individual people
or maybe OSGeo (the 501(c)(3) status is still pending since it is
a lot of paperword).

> Martin
>
> P.S.: for coloured background t-shirts we would need vector graphics

... which can be downloaded from
http://grass.itc.it/download/logograms.php

Markus