[GRASS-user] Cygwin Grass 6.2 compiling?

paallen at attglobal.net paallen at attglobal.net
Tue Aug 22 18:34:49 EDT 2006

Hi,

After some years of using grass and noticing that
the cygwin grass version has not been updated
since April 17th, I have decided that I will sit
down and try and compile grass for cygwin myself.

What suggestion does anyone have?  Searching the
grass web & wiki I have notice that no where is
there detailed instructions on compiling grass for
cygwin.  Is this correct?

I have downloaded
grass-6.2.cvs_src_snapshot_2006_08_22.tar.gz

And off of the http://geni.ath.cx/grass.html page
I have installed :
gdal-grass6.1.cvs-1.2.3-2.tar.bz2.tar
mesa-grass-6.2-1.tar.bz2.tar
tcltk-grass-8.4.7-1.tar.bz2.tar
tiff-grass-3.7.1-1.tar.bz2

Is it worth getting more recient libraries?

thanks,

Phillip J. Allen
Consulting Geochemist
Denver Colorado (I have finally moved out of Peru!)
paallen at attglobal.net