[GRASS-user] Using v.external - still buggy?

wqual wolfgang.qual at gmx.net
Wed Aug 23 11:05:23 EDT 2006

Hi list,
I got a new version of GRASS 6.1CVS and tried again v.external (background: I
would like to graphically select some features within QGIS, but I do not want
to import the whole thing first. I encountered similar problems as mentioned
below with a former version of GRASS).
I did not get any error messages when performing v.external, and I can display
this new (link)theme as well in GRASS. It is also possible to use g.copy to
create a real GRASS theme out of it.
However, if I try to load the link-theme into QGIS, I receive the message:
this theme does not contain any layers (no layer is visible within the
add-GRASS-vector theme dialogue). It is also not possible to use v.out.ogr to
create a shapefile out of the link-theme.

Any ideas? Thank you very much!

Best regards,
Wolfgang