[GRASS-user] can v.surf.bspline work without vector topology?

roberto.antolin at polimi.it roberto.antolin at polimi.it
Fri Dec 8 11:32:06 EST 2006

Hi Carlos and all,

>> Well Roberto, the first time I tried to run bspline it was in a file
>> imported without a table, and it crashed. Then I tried in the same
>> data but this time I imported it and created a table, and it worked
>> pretty well.
>>
>> maybe just include in the help page that it can work without topology
>> but that a table is needed?

> Thank you for the information. I'll check it again because I've never
> had any problem of that kind. If I can't find anything extrange I'll
> add some line in the "bug" section of the help page.

In my first attempt to interpolate about 5mill points, 4mill cells and
10000 splines with my laptop (Centrino 1.6Ghz, 1Gb ram and 2Gb swap) I
had no problem. I imported the vector as
v.in.ascii -z -t -b, that is, without topology and without create any
table. So, are you sure it was a table problem?

Anyway, on Monday I'll check again with a more powerful computer and
with much more points and splines and a higher resolution.

Roberto.