[GRASS-user] Installing GEM 1.0 under GRASS 6.3 cvs native Windows

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Tue Dec 12 08:11:11 EST 2006

On 12/12/06 13:47, Stefaan Vande Walle wrote:
> Question for GRASS user mailing list
>

> I installed the native Windows version of GRASS 6.3 cvs.  Can I run GEM
> 1.0 with this version or do I need to install Cygwin and use an earlier
> version of GRASS? If yes, which version of GEM can I install and is
> there docu available?

I imagine you are speaking of the version from
http://geni.ath.cx/grass.html ?

I don't think anyone has tried to use GEM with this. So if you want to
be the first alpha tester you are more than welcome.

This wingrass version is highly experimental and actually disfunctional
for a series of tasks. Paul Kelly is currently busy trying to make the
GRASS code more windows friendly, but until this is done, any work with
the native version is recommended only for people who want to help debug
issues.

Moritz