[GRASS-user] inaccuracy in v.to.rast results

Yu Zhang enstrophy_2000 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 19 11:24:27 EST 2006

Hi,
  I wonder if anyone can provide a reference to the
algorithm used in v.to.rast. I found mismatches
between  GRASS raster with Arcview one that were
derived from the same polygon layer. v.to.rast in
GRASS tends to underestimate the number of cells
within certain polygons (it did not include some of
the cells that have centers within the polygon). I
need to get hold of the algorithm to see why this is
the case and the remedies. Any help will be greatly
appreciated.

-Yu