[GRASS-user] inaccuracy in v.to.rast results

Dylan Beaudette dylan.beaudette at gmail.com
Tue Dec 19 14:17:55 EST 2006

On Tuesday 19 December 2006 08:24, Yu Zhang wrote:
> Hi,
>   I wonder if anyone can provide a reference to the
> algorithm used in v.to.rast. I found mismatches
> between  GRASS raster with Arcview one that were
> derived from the same polygon layer. v.to.rast in
> GRASS tends to underestimate the number of cells
> within certain polygons (it did not include some of
> the cells that have centers within the polygon). I
> need to get hold of the algorithm to see why this is
> the case and the remedies. Any help will be greatly
> appreciated.
>
> -Yu

Yu,

A start would be to look at the source for v.to.rast. You can find the current
source code on the GRASS website. Download the archive, uncompress, and
navigate to the vector/v.to.rast/ folder.

Do you have some images which demonstrate the comparison ?

Cheers,

--
Dylan Beaudette
University of California at Davis