[GRASSLIST:10218] RE: some nice results from r.sun

José A. Ruiz Arias jararias at ujaen.es
Thu Feb 9 03:34:49 EST 2006

Dear Dylan,

You thought so well since for me it is so interesting to know the strength
of r.sun. I work at the University of Jaén on the solar radiation estimates
in mountainous terrain with very complex topography in Southern-Spain. There
exist some models to do it and, with no doubt, r.sun is a very good choice.
Now I am focusing on the resolution of the DEM and its influence on the
solar radiation estimate with Solar Analyst but my intentions are to move to
r.sun in a short time. For this reason your comments and results are "nice"
for me.

Greetings

José A. Ruiz Arias
Departamento de Física