[GRASSLIST:10248] Re: v.in.ascii quirk

Stuart Edwards sedwards2 at cinci.rr.com
Fri Feb 10 11:30:29 EST 2006

Yes, I did have the ' ' in place.  However when I run the GUI without
them, the .dbf file still is not created.

v.in.ascii input=/Users/stu/Desktop/grasstest/fivepoints output=fp
format=point 'fs='\'' '\''' skip=1 'columns=x double, y double, z
double,' x=1 y=2 z=3 cat=0 -z

The GUI appears to have inserted '  ' around the whole phrase
starting at 'columns rather than just around 'x double, etc.  I also
tried leaving the ' '  out of the field separator field with similar
results.

Stu