[GRASSLIST:10336] Re: [GRASS5] New release candidate 3 of GIS Manager 2

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Wed Feb 15 22:28:17 EST 2006

Michael Barton wrote:

> > Right! Thanks! I was only clicking the "Map Display" window title bar,
> > thought this should be enough. And - could it be enough? Would improve
> > things I believe.
>
> The top title bar is the only place on the window I can't get the mouse
> click to register. I don't know why.

The title bar belongs to the window manager; mouse clicks there will
not be reported to the application.

If the WM implements a click-to-focus policy, you may receive a
FocusIn event when the window is selected. Also, you might receive a
Configure event if the WM changes the window's position in the
stacking order.

> >> I don't understand what you are doing here.
> >
> > See the attached screendump: don't let the buttons (1) get hidden when
> > the slider (2) is drragged to the bottom.
>
> Thanks for the graphic explaining this. I don't know how to avoid this. If
> you expand the total height of the GIS Manager control window, it helps to
> some extent, but does not get rid of this issue. Maybe someone else has an
> idea???

Re-arrange the widget hierarchy so that the buttons aren't descendents
of the paned window.