[GRASSLIST:10356] Re: Complete GRASS Mapserver-4.6.2 Installation Successful on Mandriva 2006

Buchan Milne bgmilne at mandriva.org
Fri Feb 17 01:51:53 EST 2006

On Wednesday 15 February 2006 12:59, Siddhesh Bhatkar wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>  I want to thank everyone who helped me set up my GRASS mapserver.
>  Just wanted to express my gratitude to all.
>  These were all the steps i followed. i would be happy  if  this could be
> of some help to others.

If you're happy with grass 6.0.0 and mapserver 4.6.1, you should be able to do
the same as below with just:

# urpmi grass mapserver

(assuming you have a contrib medium configured, see http://urpmi-addmedia.org)

Unfortunately I did not have time to update gdal to 1.3.x before the release
of 2006, but next Mandriva release will be up-to-date.

There are also some demo packages, mapserver-demo and spearfish-mapserver

All the dependencies you installed manually (except gdal 1.3) are already
available, just urpmi the devel package (ie 'urpmi proj-devel' or similar).

Regards,
Buchan

--
Buchan Milne
B.Eng,RHCE(803004789010797),LPIC-2(LPI000074592)