[GRASSLIST:10421] help needed with importing data as vector points with following format..

Vishal Mehta vishalm1975 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 02:22:12 EST 2006

Hi all,

Am recently re-discovering GRASS after a 4 yr period. I have a large
dataset- atmospheric data from Climate Research Unit (CRU) in UK.
I am reformatting the same in the following manner to then bring into
GRASS:
16000+ columns as follows
lat long z's

where the z's are 1200 columns (containing100 yrs of monthly data of the z
variable)

I am wondering which GRASS command/s i can use, that would enable me to
extract any columns i want as a vector point, which i would then convert to
a raster to run a raster-based model. End goal is to do an energy balance.

So far i thought i could use v.in.ascii; or v.in.db

Any feedback much appreciated!
thanks
-vishal

PhD candidate(Cornell Univ)