[GRASSLIST:10430] Re: error writing cell file during copy

Rochelle MIranda r0chelle_miranda at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 20 06:59:53 EST 2006

Hello Sir,
 thanks for the reply.
 Sir , if am getting such an error ,  is there something i can do get rid of such error?
 Is it in our hands to overcome such errors which occur over meantime.
 Is there a way so tht the file will be written correctly and also to avoid the file gettting truncated or corrupted.what are the reasons for such file corruption to occur.
 Kindly help me

 Regards
 Rochelle

Glynn Clements <glynn at gclements.plus.com> wrote:
Rochelle MIranda wrote:

>  I was looking into the source code when i came across the following module.
>  d.rast.edit
>  In file mk_new_layer.c
> What does the following if  expression mean:
>

>         if ( read (tmpfd, rast, real_ncols * cellsize) != (real_ncols * cellsize))
>             error(1,"error writing cell file during copy");
>

>  And when can such error occur what are its causes?.

The error will occur if the file wasn't written correctly, or has been
truncated or corrupted in the meantime.

--
Glynn Clements