[GRASSLIST:10478] Re: QGIS/GRASS for Windows 060217

Radim Blazek radim.blazek at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 10:01:49 EST 2006

On 2/21/06, Richard Greenwood <richard.greenwood at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am able to display and zoom GRASS rasters, however the "identify
> features" tool crashes QGIS - "The instruction at xxx referenced
> memory a yyy. The memory could not be read". Is the "identify
> features" tool only for vectors?

Yes that was bug in QGIS (all platforms) introduced with move to QT4
I have fixed that.

> Also possibly confusing for some users is this: When user picks "add
> raster"  button, if previous selection was a GRASS file, the "Files of
> Type" selection is on "AIG GRASS All other files (*)" however not
> files are displayed. The user must switch to some other file type, and
> then back to "AIG GRASS..." before files are displayed. (Maybe this is
> a problem on my machine - Windows 2000).

This was bug in Qt < 4.1.1:
http://www.trolltech.com/developer/changes/changes-4.1.1.html

BTW, this suggests that you are using standard dialog to add GRASS
rasters, note that you can also use "Add GRASS raster layer" dialog
in GRASS plugin toolbar.

Thanks for testing.
Radim