[GRASSLIST:10534] v.surf.rst and scripting

Luca Casagrande luca.casagrande at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 07:00:42 EST 2006

Hi guys!

I created a DEM starting from a point vector layer using v.surf.rst in classic
way:

http://img160.imageshack.us/my.php?image=schermorast64gk.png

Now i wanna try the CV procedure. Reading on manual:
[...]To find "optimal parameters", the CV procedure must be iteratively
performed for all reasonable combinations of the approximation parameters
with small incremental steps [...]

Has anyone ever created a script like this one?

The only thing that i don't understand is if i can found approximation
parameters using a small part of my region (for speed up everything 'cause
the region is so big) or i need to use the whole region...

P.S.
Talking with Markus on GRASS irc chat ( irc://chat.freenode.net:6667/#grass ),
I can add a part about v.surf.rst on the GRASS wiki, so if anyone has got
experience or other info about using this command, contact me to talk about
it.

Thx
Luca
--
"E' molto più bello sapere qualcosa di tutto, che tutto di una cosa (Blaise
Pascal)."

GENTOO-GIS Development Team
jabber: casagrande at jabber.linux.it