[GRASSLIST:10582] Re: r3.out.v5d

Maciek Sieczka werchowyna at epf.pl
Sun Feb 26 04:47:01 EST 2006

On Sat, 25 Feb 2006 16:14:36 -0300 (BRST)
andrea.iescheck at ufpr.br wrote:

> Maciek,
>
> When I select the icon r3.out.v5d it opens the command box where I
> select the input grid3d file, type the output file name and run ...
> There is a ligth showing the status of the command but it doesn´t
> completely ends and there is no error messages. Anyway the output
> file is created, but when I try to import it using vis5d the program
> (vis5d) prompts an error: Making ap ...
> Writing a 4.3 file!
> S: lowlev=0 nl=30
> Error in v5dCreateFile: open failed
>
> Actually I´m not sure if there is a problem with the exported file or
> with vis5d program!!

Right. So I won't know either, I don't use vis5d. The only things I can
adivise to you is to:

1. Run your r3.out.v5d from Grass CLI, to make perfectly sure there are
no errors when executing the command - Grass>=5.7 GUI hides error
messages like segfaults from the user. It was reported:
https://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=3010

2. For a cross test, import your r3.out.v5d output back into Grass with
r3.in.v5d. In case it doesn't fail you could consider blaming vis5d
eventuality.

Do you know any other program able to open vis5d files so you could
verify more?

Maciek