[GRASSLIST:10586] Re: problems with GIS managerRe: GRASS 6.1cvs gis.m error

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Sun Feb 26 11:23:14 EST 2006

Vishal,

This is a different issue from what Peter reported. It sounds like there is
a problem with your installation. I¹d start by looking at the .grassrc6 file
in your home directory. If there is a line that specifies a monitor to
start, delete it. Next I¹d look at the monitorcap file that should be in
$GISBASE/etc/.

See if you have one. If you do, look at it with a text editor. It should
have one line for each potential display monitor it can open. There should
not be any duplicates. I¹ve had duplicates show up in a Mac build recently.

In a strange, unrelated problem (but then again, maybe not), that has
affected a student in my lab who updated to the newest Cygwin binary.
Whenever he starts GRASS, it opens a saved workspace file even though he
doesn¹t explicitly instruct it to do so.

Michael
Arizona State University
Tempe, AZ 85287-2402

phone: 480-965-6213