[GRASSLIST:9904] Using multiple colors for classes of single attribute - possible or no?

Patton, Eric epatton at nrcan.gc.ca
Wed Jan 18 10:24:08 EST 2006

I have a monolithic vector loaded into Grass 6.1 cvs (Jan 14th binary
snapshot). This vector depicts a beach coastline classification devised by
one of our geomorphologists. I am trying to symbolize the vectors such that
each beach class under the attribute 'Class' get colored differently,
possibly with different thicknesses, hache marks, etc. I know that d.vect
allows a GRASSRGB columns for customizing polygon fills, but does the same
functionality exist for lines?

I don't want to extract each beach class into it's own vector to color them
differently because I have dozens of classification edits to make, so all
classes must exist as one vector (for now).

~ Eric.