[GRASSLIST:9911] Re: Using multiple colors for classes of single attribute - possible or no?

Stephan Holl holl at gdf-hannover.de
Thu Jan 19 02:25:36 EST 2006

Hello Eric,

On Wed, 18 Jan 2006 11:24:08 -0400 "Patton, Eric" <epatton at nrcan.gc.ca>
wrote:

> I have a monolithic vector loaded into Grass 6.1 cvs (Jan 14th binary
> snapshot). This vector depicts a beach coastline classification
> devised by one of our geomorphologists. I am trying to symbolize the
> vectors such that each beach class under the attribute 'Class' get
> colored differently, possibly with different thicknesses, hache
> marks, etc. I know that d.vect allows a GRASSRGB columns for
> customizing polygon fills, but does the same functionality exist for
> lines?

If you have Quantum GIS[1] with the GRASS-plugin installed it can be
achived quite nice and easy. You should givbe it a try.
It depens on which platform you are, but there might be some
binary-packages for QGIS. For SuSE9.3 you can find some here[2]

Best

	Stephan

[1] http://www.qgis.org
[2] http://www.gdf-hannover.de/software

--
GDF Hannover - Solutions for spatial data analysis and remote sensing
Hannover Office      -     Mengendamm 16d      -     D-30177 Hannover
Internet: www.gdf-hannover.de      -      Email: holl at gdf-hannover.de
Phone : ++49-(0)511.39088507       -        Fax: ++49-(0)511.39088508