[GRASSLIST:9928] Re: Problems when compiling GRASS in an Opteron

Kenneth Roy Cabrera Torres krcabrer at unalmed.edu.co
Thu Jan 19 12:51:45 EST 2006

Dr Carrera:

Thank you for your help,
but we compile GRASS (and then install) with the option you suggest

./configure --with-gdal=/usr/local/bin/gdal-config

and there is no compile errors,

but we still have this runtime error:

Welcome to GRASS 6.0.2RC4 (2006)
GRASS homepage:                          http://grass.itc.it/
This version running thru:               Bash Shell (/bin/bash)
Help is available with the command:      g.manual -i
See the licence terms with:              g.version -c
If required, restart the graphical user interface with: d.m &
When ready to quit enter:                exit
GRASS 6.0.2RC4 (etopo2):~ > Error in startup script: ps.map: error while
such file or directory
     while executing
"exec ps.map -p"
     (procedure "DmPrint::init" line 14)
     invoked from within
"DmPrint::init"
     (procedure "main" line 32)
     invoked from within
"main $argc $argv"
     (file "/usr/local/grass-6.0.2RC4/etc/dm/d.m.tcl" line 894)

We are trying to compile grass in a 64 double dual opteron machine.

In a 32 platform we do not have any problem, and we do the standard steps
on it.

--
Kenneth Roy Cabrera Torres
Universidad Nacional de Colombia