[GRASSLIST:10057] v.to.db syntax

Kirk R. Wythers kwythers at umn.edu
Mon Jan 30 16:23:21 EST 2006

Could someone expand on the syntax for the command v.to.db?

I have a vector file that came with bad y coordinate values in the
downloaded dbf attribute table. Therefor when I read the shape file
into grass with v.in.ogr (I'm connected to postgresql database), the
y value in attribute table in pg is also wrong. I want to re-write
the y coordinates in the attribute table with the correct geometry
from the vector file.

I tried:

  v.to.db NAME_OF_GRASS_VECTOR option=coor col=x,y

The command appeared to run (albit it took a while) but did not re-
write the attibute table associated with the vector. Anyone see what
I messed up?

Thanks,

Kirk