[GRASSLIST:10070] Re: ./configure command for Mapserver-4.6.2

Matthew Perry perrygeo at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 02:43:13 EST 2006

Rochelle,

  First of al, try "gdalinfo --formats" and confirm that GRASS shows
up in the list of supported formats. Additionally you can do "gdalinfo
/location/mapset/cellhd/rastername" to confirm that gdal can read your
grass data.

 If gdal can talk to grass then so can mapserver. It won't show up in
the mapserv -v output since it is supported through gdal. So long as
your /usr/local version of gdal has grass support, then your configure
command should work alright.

 The " 500 internal server error" suggests that the issue is with the
web server  (apache?) and not with mapserver itself. Perhaps you can
try the "shp2img" utility on your mapfile and see if your output image
is correct. This will bypass apache and confirm that mapserver can
render images from GRASS data sources.

 To get it working on the web, we'll probably need more details about
your setup. The first thing to check would be that the web server user
has access to the mapserv binary, that the library paths are set
properly for this user and that you have a temp directory with write
permissions that can be accessed through the web server. You could
then try accessing the mapfile by a URL similar to this:
http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv?mode=map&map=/full/path/to/mapfile

The mapserver list might be a better forum for these types of questions.

Hope this helps a bit,

Matt Perry

--
Matt Perry