[GRASS-user] 360 degree view from a given point

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 3 04:43:39 EDT 2006

Ludwig Max Brinckmann wrote:

> I had a quick play with this and with a bit of fiddling with the nviz
> controls I at least managed to get a view of something that could be
> my 360 degree view.
> Than I saved this as a 3d.view file, which looks like this:
>

> # 4.01
> PGM_ID: Nvision-ALPHA!
> north: 22.200000
> south: 22.100000
..
> My idea was to take this file as a template and insert my on-the-fly
> parameters and run nivz like this
>
> nviz elevation=DEM state=statefile

State is not the same as 3D.view!

State remembers shading, line widths, etc.
see File->Load/Save State  which is different than File->Load/Save 3D view.

> Plus: is there a way to make nviz save the view from as an image from
> the command line? The tiff file I can output via the GUI would be good
> enough with some post-processing with one of the many image
> programs...

I imagine you can do this using "nviz script=", but beyond that I can't
be much more help. See d.nviz code and the nvis Scripting menu for
hints.

Hamish