[GRASS-user] problem whit raster images

Jaime Carrera jaicarrerahdez at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 5 14:44:48 EDT 2006

Hi Ana

Your files are in rgb format; you need to merge them before importing them in order to get a color raster map.
The socket error is probably caused by the fact that you don't ahave a GRASS monitor on.

Jaime

Ana Isabel Rodríguez <kidoki42 at hotmail.com> escribió: hello everyone!

I'm still learning about grass world, i finally create a location, but i'm
not sure about a few thing... Whatever i use r.in.gdal to import a .jpg map
and it creates only map.1, map.2 and map.3  files; i tried visualized it and
they were only gray images. Later i wanted to import a new image, but tis
one was a .tif map, and it creates three new raster files, image.blue,
image.red and image.green. This time when i wanted to visualize them grass
mark the  next error:

  'No socket to connect to for monitor '
    No graphics device selected

I wanted to know why r.in.gdal creates 3 files and what i have to do to
visualize my map :S
please help
thank you so much.

Correo Yahoo!