[GRASS-user] xganim Error: attempt to add non-widget child "DropSiteManager" to parent "xganim" which supports only widgets

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Wed Jul 5 22:43:26 EDT 2006

Nagesh Bhatkar wrote:

> As u suggested i installed the Open motif package on my system.
> Compiled the code xganim successfully.
> However i get the following error at run time:
>
> X Error of failed request: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)
> Major opcode of failed request: 19 (X_DeleteProperty)
> Resource id in failed request: 0x0
> Serial number of failed request: 93
> Current serial number in output stream: 97

This usually indicates a bug in one of the components of the desktop
environment (window manager, clipboard manager etc), where the program
stores an invalid window ID in property describing a selection or
other shared resource.

Unfortunately, such issues are quite hard to track down; even if you
can identify the malformed property, there isn't any systematic way to
identify which program created the property.