[GRASS-user] xganim Error: attempt to add non-widget child "DropSiteManager" to parent "xganim" which supports only widgets

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Thu Jul 6 16:38:34 EDT 2006

Nagesh Bhatkar wrote:

> Allright Sir. Since its quite hard to track down this bug, should
> i revert back to LessTif if theres a possible way to remove the error
> LessTif was giving:
>
> Warning: XmManager ClassInitialize: XmeTraitSet failed
> Error: attempt to add non-widget child "DropSiteManager" to parent
> "xganim" which supports only widgets
>
> or is there no way i can use the xganim module of GRASS on my system.

The LessTif bug is probably harder to work around. AFAICT, the LessTif
issue is due to LessTif itself, whereas the problem which occurs with
OpenMotif is due to another application.

You could try starting a second X server (e.g. Xnest) with a more
conservative window manager (e.g. mwm, twm, fvwm etc) and no
unnecessary applications, and running xganim on that.