[GRASS-user] r.in.gdal -f bug?

Wolfgang wollez at gmx.net
Sun Jul 9 08:48:08 EDT 2006

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is a bug, but when I try:
	r.in.gdal -f  (to list all formats) I get:

ERROR: Required parameter <input> not set:
     (Raster file to be imported).

ERROR: Required parameter <output> not set:
     (Name of output raster map).

  Import GDAL supported raster file into a binary raster map layer.

Usage:
  r.in.gdal [-oefk] input=string output=name [band=value]
    [target=string] [title="phrase"] [location=string]

Flags:
   -o   Override projection (use location's projection)
   -e   Extend location extents based on new dataset
   -f   List supported formats then exit
   -k   Keep band numbers instead of using band color names

Parameters:
      input   Raster file to be imported
     output   Name of output raster map
       band   Band to select (default is all bands)
     target   Name of location to read projection from for GCPs
transformation
      title   Title for resultant raster map
   location   Name for new location to create

I would expect that -f should work without any input and output maps
given and this should give the same output as gdal_translate --formats ?

I'm running grass on Cygwin (6.1-csv-8) and gdal_translate 1.2.3.0,
released 2004/08/25

Cheers
Wolfgang

PS: would it we possible for the next binary release for cygwin to
compile gdal with ecw support? I really appreciate that someone provides
  the cygwin installation packages (as I don't know how to compile all
on my self)!