[GRASS-user] Mac OSX Tiger/GRASS 6.0 help

Brandon M. Gabler bgabler at email.arizona.edu
Mon Jul 10 11:17:04 EDT 2006

Hello all,

I made the switch to Mac, love the computer, but am still learning on it.

I installed GRASS 6.0, with the patch, and am trying to run it. But when I click
'start' in GRASS, it opens a dialog box asking "Where is x11.app?".

Well, I have installed the developer tools, Xcode is running, and I know the x11
package has been installed. Am I missing something? I cannot find x11.app on my
machine. When I try to download x11 from apple's site, it tells me that I have
a newer version installed (confirming in my mind that x11 is installed properly
on my machine).

What do I do?

Thanks,
Brandon