[GRASS-user] Mac OSX Tiger/GRASS 6.0 help

Michael Barton Michael.Barton at asu.edu
Mon Jul 10 16:56:45 EDT 2006

Brandon,

If you can't find x11.app in the /Applications/Utilities folder, it is not
installed. It is NOT installed by default as part of the Xcode package. You
need to go back to the installation disks. It is on disk 2. I can't remember
exactly where it is, but you do a custom installation and check a box to
explicitly install x11.

Also, I'd strongly recommend against installing 6.0. Install the newest 6.1
binary instead. If you have an Intel Mac, be aware that nviz is not yet
working, but we're getting close (I hope). There is a bug in the OSX
software for Intel Mac's that we're trying to work around.

Michael
Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity
Arizona State University

phone: 480-965-6213