[GRASS-user] First impressions and bug reports / wishlist

Alexandre Leroux alexandre.leroux at ec.gc.ca
Mon Jul 10 14:26:20 EDT 2006

Hi,

I took some time to discover GRASS. It sure looks powerful, but I find
the GUI rather repulsing. Ease of use might not be important to
power-users but it is to new users and amateurs. I guess that's where
QGIS should come to the rescue :-)

I encountered a bug and would have some feature requests (GRASS 6.0.2).
Shall I search and submit those on:
http://grass.itc.it/bugtracking/bugreport.html
Is that what's preferred by the developers?

To my surprise, I haven't seen in the wish list allowing Locations to be
created based on one geocoded file instead of manually defining a
location. There is also no use of the right-click button, either on the
item list or on the display. Contextual menus would be welcomed :-) Also
surprising is the zoom/pan capabilities buried in menus instead of
working right away on the display. I'm not sharing this as
discontentment, I just want GRASS to improve :-)

Cheers,

Alex
--
Alexandre Leroux, M.Sc., Ing.
Environnement Canada / Environment Canada
alexandre.leroux at ec.gc.ca