[GRASS-user] v.distance - specifying units

Joel Pitt joel.pitt at gmail.com
Fri Jul 14 00:14:51 EDT 2006

Hi all,

Wanting to find the distance between points in a vector map.

The file is in a lat long location, so when I get the distances usign
v.distance they are the distance in the lat long coordinate system. Is
there any way to specify you want output in metres?

I could make a new location, project the vector map, and then use
v.distance,  but this seems like a round-about way of getting the
information.

--
-Joel

"Wish not to seem, but to be, the best."
                -- Aeschylus