[GRASS-user] [GRASSLIST:1153] rectifying vectors

Kirk R. Wythers kwythers at umn.edu
Fri Jul 14 16:35:53 EDT 2006

Greetings,

I have moved a series of dxf files into grass with the new v.in.dxf.
However, I have discovered that the original dxf files were not
georectified. They came from some sort of xy location system. I have
been thinking about ways to rectify the grass vectors I created. The
only ideas I have come up with would involve writing the new grass
vectors out with v.out.ascii, developing a "correction factor",
applying the correction to the ascii files, then reading the ascii
files back into grass with v.in.ascii.

Does anyone know of less cumbersome approach?

Thanks,

Kirk