[GRASS-user] GRASS 6.1.0beta1 Mac binaries available

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Sat Jul 15 15:18:08 EDT 2006

Mac OS X Universal binaries available on my site. (I don't have a
download link on the GRASS site yet)

- Universal for PPC and Intel Macs

- Mac OS 10.3.9 minimum

- requires an Aqua Tcl/Tk (download also available) - used by NVIZ
and gis.m.

- uses my Graphics Libs and GIS Libs packages.

- NVIZ runs without X11, using Tcl/Tk Aqua.  BUT, there are some
OpenGL issues that cause it to crash on my MacBook.  It does work on
PPC Macs.  I can't test a MacBook Pro or iMac, so I don't know if
this crash is for all Intel Macs, or just the ones with the Intel GMA
graphics chips (MacBook, Mac Mini).  *** someone please test this ***

- X11 support is included for d.mon & friends functionality.

- uses iODBC instead of UnixODBC for ODBC connections.

- sorry, no fancy double-clickable GRASS.app yet.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

All generalizations are dangerous, even this one.