[GRASS-user] Running problems

jur ven jurven007 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 19 09:45:35 EDT 2006

Hi All,

I decided to try this program and downloaded the 6.0
version. I installed everything with success and were
able to run the data selection. Afterwards I
downloaded spearfish and unpacked it in the
home/<username>/datbase folder. I was able to select
the neccesary folders but when I press start grass,
the progra stops....
In the DOS window I received the following data:

Welcome to GRASS 6.0.0 (2005)
GRASS homepage:
http://grass.itc.it/
This version running thru:               GNU Bash
(Cygwin) (/usr/bin/bash.exe)
Help is available with the command:      g.manual -i
See the licence terms with:              g.version -c
If required, restart the graphical user interface
with: d.m &
When ready to quit enter:                exit
GRASS 6.0.0 (spearfish57):~ > Error in startup script:
child process exited abnormally
    while executing
"exec ps.map -p"
    (procedure "DmPrint::init" line 14)
    invoked from within
"DmPrint::init"
    (procedure "main" line 32)
    invoked from within
"main $argc $argv"
    (file "/usr/local/grass6.0.0/etc/dm/d.m.tcl" line
894)

Can someone please help me???