[GRASS-user] OFFTOPIC: problem with instaling RdbiPgSQL on R

Jarek Jasiewicz jarekj at amu.edu.pl
Fri Jul 21 14:28:31 EDT 2006

Hi
I know that it is OFFTOPIC but I have a problems with subscribing on R
maliling list AND most grass users works  also with R so I decided to
mail to this group (in fact: problem is on integrating Grass, PgSQL and R):

I have a problem with instaling RdbiPgSQL on R.
First I try:

install.packages("RdbiPgSQL", repos=rS)

where rS is http adress (works)
http://www.bioconductor.org/packages/1.8/bioc/

First I recived;

I could not find your PostgreSQL client libraries!
Use --with-pgsql-libraries=PATH; if running R's INSTALL,
use --configure-args='--with-pgsql-libraries=PATH'; or
set PG_LIB_DIR in your environment to the library path,
and rerun the configure/install.

OK, after reading lot of www pages and mans I found that install shoud
look something like this:

install.packages("RdbiPgSQL", repos=rS,
configure.args=c('--with-pgsql-libraries=/usr/local/pgsql/lib/
--with-pgsql-includes=/usr/local/pgsql/include/'))

..something should be before --with... but what?
best regards
Jarek Jasiewicz