[GRASS-user] OFFTOPIC: problem with instaling RdbiPgSQL on R

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Sat Jul 22 05:01:04 EDT 2006

Jarek,

On Fri, Jul 21, 2006 at 08:28:31PM +0200, Jarek Jasiewicz wrote:
> Hi
> I know that it is OFFTOPIC but I have a problems with subscribing on R
> maliling list AND most grass users works  also with R so I decided to
> mail to this group (in fact: problem is on integrating Grass, PgSQL and R):

it's well posted here :-)

> I have a problem with instaling RdbiPgSQL on R.
> First I try:
>
> install.packages("RdbiPgSQL", repos=rS)

You *first* need to install the "Rdbi" package, because
"RdbiPgSQL" is only the driver.

Have a look here for instructions:
 http://grass.itc.it/statsgrass/index.php
 -> Short draft introduction to R/GRASS interface (evolving)
    -> Connecting R to RDBMS
       http://grass.itc.it/statsgrass/r_and_dbms.html

Cheers
 Markus