[GRASS-user] Disabling gis.m

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Tue Jul 25 12:29:23 EDT 2006

Joel,

See below.

Michael
Arizona State University

phone: 480-965-6213
fax: 480-965-7671

> Is there an option somewhere to change the startup GUI to d.m?

Look in init.sh. Search for gis.m and replace it with d.m (2 places).

> I dislike having three new windows pop up everytime I want to run
> grass but still like having a GUI to manage the display. Also all my
> custom tools use x0 monitors.

Please be aware that I am no longer supporting d.m--because it is too much
to support d.m and gis.m while trying to work on a new UI, and because of
the many limitations of requiring that all GRASS displays be x11 terminals.

> Also another question: Does gis.m use a seperate viewing region that
> is different from the working region which modules use?

gis.m uses a different region for each display that is opened. These must be
different from the single region set with g.region and recorded in the WIND
file. In the tool bar for each display, there are selections to have the
display region match the WIND settings or to have the WIND settings be
changed to match the display.