[GRASS-user] Project Steering Committee Nominations

Sampson, David dsampson at NRCan.gc.ca
Wed Jul 26 09:59:14 EDT 2006

Salutations Compadres,

The following people at some point have been nominated as members in the GRASS Project Steering committee according to the following web page.
http://grass.gdf-hannover.de/wiki/GRASS_Project_Steering_Commitee

These are the nominated members:

1.	Michael Barton (nominated by 1): very responsive to comments and questions; various code contributions
2.	Radim Blazek (nominated by 1): for his extensive GRASS work including vector and DBMS support
3.	Hamish Bowman (nominated by 1): for documentation, integration, and various modules
4.	Brad Douglas (nominated by 1): for clone removal and code refactoring
5.	Otto Dassau (nominated by 1): for translation efforts and documentation
6.	Glynn Clements (nominated by 1): for his vast knowledge of standards, practices and compatibility
7.	Paul Kelly (nominated by 1): for PROJ and platform support
8.	Markus Neteler (nominated by 2): for the obvious.  :-)
9.	Cedric Shock (nominated by 1): various code contributions

Please indicate (through the mailing list) if you have ACCEPTED/REJECTED the nomination. All of the above mentioned individuals I hope I reached all right.

If you would like to show your support for a particular candidate to help encourage them to be involved feel free to post an e-mail under this subject and add the ubiquitous +1 next to your picks. If you would like, e-mail me directly and I'll do some tallies for the next week or so and post back here to the list.

Also, if you know of someone that might be a good fit in the project steering committee please feel free to nominate them so they know the GRASS community is interested in having their involvement on the committee.

I would say at minimum we need 5 and can continue to hunt down and add people as we go. Although it would be great to have 9 (as above) or 11 (odds help with decision breakers).

Since I'd like all of these people involved I'll support all their nominations

1.	Michael Barton +1	(2)
2.	Radim Blazek  +1	(2)
3.	Hamish Bowman +1	(2)
4.	Brad Douglas  +1	(2)