[GRASS-user] PSC: nomination process (Confirm with nominee before posting)

Sampson, David dsampson at NRCan.gc.ca
Thu Jul 27 13:29:19 EDT 2006

Hey everyone.

I like to see the number of nominations that are coming through my
mailbox.

This is just a reminder that before nominating someone publicly, please
drop them an e-mail asking if you coan nominate them.

I have been receiving some e-mails from people confused and unhappy they
were added to the list without consent.

This can be as easy as
===================

Buddy 1: Hey buddy 2, I think you would be great to help out on the
GRASS project Steering Committee. Can I nominate you?

Buddy 2: It sounds scarry but Yes! I'm up for the challenge

Buddy 1: It sounds like it would be a pretty good exerience. It's only
scarry cause its new. I'll let that obnoxious PSC guy know you're
interested and he'll put your name on the list.

Then I figure if the person gets +5 then they are in.

But lets make sure people agree to being nominated otherwise the numbers
mean nothing. And a bunch of DECLINES make the process look bad

REMINDER: to those of you on the list that have not ACCEPTED or REJECTED
your nomination please let me know.

Cheers