[GRASS-user] [ot] r.cva (cumularive viewshed analysis) demo

gary lists at lazygranch.com
Fri Jul 28 16:43:08 EDT 2006

Since I've finally got r.cva to work, I've set up some links to what
I've been doing. My intent was analyze a location for photography of an
event, namely a rather large blast of explosive in the Nevada desert
known as Divine Blast. [OK, let's keep politics out of this.]

I hiked  to a spot that had a view of ground zero, which I determined
with Garmin mapsource and some hacking. Here are two panoramic
photographs that I made of the area, one with a 50mm lens, and another
with a 400mm lens.

http://www.lazygranch.com/images/mtstirling/50mmpano.jpg
http://www.lazygranch.com/images/mtstirling/400mmpano.jpg

If you have google earth installed (and why don't you!), load this file
www.lazygranch.com/images/temp/mtstir_2.kmz

If you click on blastview, google earth will alter the tilt of the
display. The red areas are what is visible. At the tilt used, you can
see how elements of the terrain blocks the view, i.e. long swaths of
yellow behind a red hill.