[GRASS-user] Re: [GRASS-dev] maybe bugs

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Fri Jul 28 15:16:11 EDT 2006

I understand the confusion after the many years of having a single region
that affected everything--including all displays. What is causing the
confusion is the mechanics of making it possible for different displays to
independently have their own map layers to display and their own region
properties. If 2 displays are to have different region settings, they can't
be controlled by a g.region module that sets the region for everything.

For your specific issue, probably the best thing would be to add a save
region selection to the region menu button on each map display window
toolbar.

In the meantime, you can select the option to set the WIND file to the
displayed region in the display toolbar menu button, then open g.region and
save to a named region.

Michael
Arizona State University

phone: 480-965-6213