[GRASS-user] Re: [GRASS-dev] maybe bugs

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Fri Jul 28 19:20:08 EDT 2006

Michael Barton wrote:

> I understand the confusion after the many years of having a single region
> that affected everything--including all displays.

This isn't entirely accurate. The display library allows a region to
be associated with each frame, and will use that in preference to the
current region.

One consequence of this is that modules which use the display library
may behave differently to those which use the raster library directly.
For this reason, some tutorials recommend running d.erase whenever the
current region is changed (IOW, forcing the frame's region to match
the current region, which seems to defeat the purpose of associating a
region with a frame).