[GRASS-user] r.in.gdal and .ecw files

Aaron Racicot aaronr at ecotrust.org
Mon Jul 31 17:43:29 EDT 2006

Your version of gdal needs to be built against the ECW SDK from
ermapper.  Someone else who supports the binary packages will have to
tell you how to get a version with the correct build, but if you are
building yourself you can just:

1) Download and install the SDK from ermapper
(http://www.ermapper.com/downloads/sdks.aspx#16)
2) Build gdal with the correct config option (--with-ecw)

Hope that helps...

Aaron

| Aaron Racicot  | aaronr at ecotrust.org   |
| GIS Programmer | 503.467.0759          |
| e c o t r u s t                        |
| Jean Vollum Natural Capital Center     |
| 721 NW Ninth Avenue                    |
| Suite 200                              |
| Portland, OR 97209                     |
| www.ecotrust.org                       |