[GRASS-user] Re: [OSGeo-Discuss] OSGeo in India and Vietnam

Jo Walsh jo at frot.org
Sat Jul 29 15:19:36 EDT 2006

dear Venka, all,
On Sat, Jul 29, 2006 at 04:42:55PM +0900, Venkatesh Raghavan wrote:
> Have setup a temporary mailing list for initial discussions
> and formulation of proposal for OSGeo related activities in
> India, Vietnam and possibly Thailand.

This sounds great! It would be good to condense what results from this
discussion onto a page on the OSGeo wiki as soon as consensus is forming...

At OSCON last week I met several people from the Postgresql community,
who are very interested in knowing more GIS and PostGIS people. One of
them in particular - David Fetter - asked if we had many members in
India and particularly asked for OSGeo related people to show their
faces at http://foss.in/2006/ - this is 24th - 26th November in
Bangalore. Perhaps this could be a good time and place for a meetup?
I'd love to get the Bangalore Free Map / Mumbai Free Map people to go
as well, they are postgis/mapserver/ka-map/openlayers users...

Good luck!

jo