[GRASS-user] Freetype fonts in gis.m

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Thu Jun 8 02:06:25 EDT 2006

D.font.freetype is not supported in gis.m. It became increasingly
problematic on Mac (and Windows?) platforms.

Gis.m replaces this with postscript text for vector labels and for manually
positioned text. This only is saved to graphic output if you save as eps
(i.e., not jpeg or tiff). But the eps image has nicer looking text than
d.font.freetext.

Michael
Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity
Arizona State University