[GRASS-user] merging 2 line segments in a vector

Michael Fecht Michael.Fecht at uibk.ac.at
Thu Jun 8 13:37:09 EDT 2006

Hello Stephan,

> > > try v.build.polylines
> > >
> > Thanks, the geometry/topology was modified as expected. But there is
> > a problem with the attributes.
> >
> > The input map has a table with attributes but v.build.polylines does
> > not write a table for the output map as described in the manual. Any
> > ideas?
>
> AFAIK the table does not get altered, because the program does not
> know which attribute will be assigned to the new vector.
It should be possible!

Extracted from the manual:
If the lines that make up a polyline have different attribute values then
v.build.polylines will set the attribute value of the polyline to that of the
last line  (this is the behaviour of v.build, which is used to assign the
attribute values).

Cheers
Michael