[GRASS-user] Help compiling under fedore 5 - "couldn't find gdal-config"

Jachym Cepicky jachym.cepicky at centrum.cz
Sun Jun 11 06:43:02 EDT 2006

On Sun, Jun 11, 2006 at 08:14:36PM +1000, Ian Allan wrote:
> Hi Jachym
>
> I have tried installing just about every version of grass 6 that I can
> get my hands on. None work completely. For the last version I installed
> NVIZ would not work (starts briefly & then disappears) and r.terraflow
> was not there. That is why I have "resorted" to compiling GRASS.
>
> I tried your two suggestions ("locate gdal-config" & "which
> gdal-config")  but gdal-config  seems to be nowhere on my system, even
> though other gdal components are. Any more ideas?
>
> Many thanks
>
> Ian

well, I have no experiance with fedora, but you should look after
package with name similar to gdal-dev or libgdal-dev, which will contain
the file called gdal-config

if you need r.terraflow, you will have to add option --with-cxx to
configure script

NOTE: I would say, gdal-config will probably *not* be last file/package
you will be searching for. You are trying to install something from
source code and you will need lot of *-dev* packages which will most
probably not be in you system.

Jachym

P.S. You should be seeking for something like
gdal-devel-1.3.1-3.i586.rpm

--
Jachym Cepicky
e-mail: jachym.cepicky at centrum.cz