[GRASS-user] Help compiling under fedore 5 - "couldn't find gdal-config"

Stephan Holl holl at gdf-hannover.de
Sun Jun 11 15:37:20 EDT 2006

Hello Ian,

On Sun, 11 Jun 2006 18:49:31 +1000 Ian Allan <iallan at geocode.com.au>
wrote:

> Hi
>
> I taking the advice of messages surrounding darrel maddy's nviz
> problem (mine too), I decided to download the
> grass-6.0.2.tar.gz     source file & compile it. After typing in
> CFLAGS=-g -Wall" ./configure       as per the instructions I get a
> "couldn't find gdal-config"     message. I have installed (and
> uninstalled and reinstalled)...
>
> gdal-1.3.1-2.i386  and
> gdal-bin-1.3.1-2.i386.

AFAIK you need gdal-devel or something where the needed
gdal-config-script is mostly located.

Please check with your installation if the package is available.

Then GRASS should find the needed libs.

Best
	Stephan

--
GDF Hannover - Solutions for spatial data analysis and remote sensing
Hannover Office      -     Mengendamm 16d      -     D-30177 Hannover
Internet: www.gdf-hannover.de      -      Email: holl at gdf-hannover.de
Phone : ++49-(0)511.39088507       -        Fax: ++49-(0)511.39088508